I have been trying to retrieve additional field information from the FORM
login page without success. Basically I am using the following login.jsp but
could not get "my_field".

<h1>Login page for examples</h1>

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
 <input type="text" name="j_username">
 <input type="password" name="j_password">
 <input type="text" name="my_field">
 <input type="submit" name="j_security_check">
</form>

<%
        System.out.println("my_field="+request.getParameter("my_field");
%>

The println statement always prints null.

The same thing holds true if I try to use request.getParameter("my_field")
inside the SimpleRealm.java.

Nothing is said in the Servlet Spec for FORM based login NOT to pass
additional fields. Is this a Tomcat bug?

Thanks,

Alex X. Xia
Sonus Networks, Inc.
(978) 392-8114