So, in those cases, I've built JavaScript logic running in the browser (in
the HTML file) that will set a boolean flag to block the second (and
subsequent) click(s).  Is there a simple way to handle this server-side (I
can imagine the hard ways!), or does anyone know that the client side still
has holes I have not witnessed?

JT

<< Undoubtedly the user clicked twice on the button or link and
 actually created two requests.>>