At 11/23/2000 09:29 AM +0100, you wrote:
>Is Possible the tomcat precompile the pages?
>there is any precompilation mode?
>there is anything to precompile?

Here are two possibilities for precompiling all your jsp pages so that
users won't have to incur that overhead:

1) Take a look at conf/test-tomcat.xml in your tomcat distribution. This is
an ant build file which is used to exercize the test context. You should be
able to easily clone this to execute your own...

2) Download Apache JMeter and put together the necessary test scenarios to
run your app (thus, once again, precompiling your pages).

>what means <load-servlet-on-startup> ?

Just what it says. Your servlet will be loaded (and it's init() method
called) upon tomcat startup. The higher the number the sooner it will be
loaded. I'm not sure what the valid range of numbers is, I think I've seen
anything between -21467 and 36535....

>thanks
>Carlos

Hope this helps,