Does your client close the stream that writes the request or
just flush it? I seem to recall having a problem similar to this
where the solution was to not close the client's output stream
until after the complete transaction.

--
WBB - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP