Hi everybody!

My problem is the following:

after I start my application (JSPs read from MySQL) with Tomcat 3.1 the
used memory of the java processes increases and the number of java
processes themselves increases if I reload the same site (2 per second),
reload, reload, reload .... ;-)

The performance goes down, and sometimes Tomcat crashes. The HTML sent
to the browser is large (about 350 kB). I get several errors
(OutOfMemory, Response has already been committed,...) and I am
absolutely confused about it now.

Can anybody help me ? Do you need further information ?

With kind regards

Kai Müller

The input.jsp is the following and a global entry for all requests,
which are handled and forward on a JSP page with the HTML-Codes.

<%@ page errorPage="/error/errorpage.jsp" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.*" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.http.*" %>

<%
   response.setDateHeader("Expires",0);
   response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
   response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache,must-revalidate");
%>

 <jsp:useBean
   id="requestProc"
   class="TheRequestClass"
   scope="session"

<%
     requestProc.initialize(config.getServletContext(), session);
 %>
</jsp:useBean>

 <jsp:useBean
   id="pageController"
   class="ThePageControllerClass"
   scope="session"

</jsp:useBean>

 <%
   requestProc.processRequest(request);

   String next = pageController.getNextPage(request);
   getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/" +
next).forward(request, response);
 %>

Mediadom audiovisuelle Medien GmbH
Merheimer Str. 151