I dont know why you would want to do it in a jsp anyways - that kind of
stuff is what servlets are good for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kobe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 10:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Multipart stuff - inside JSP?

Hi,

I was looking at the multipart request handler from oreilly,
(www.servlets.com), is it possible to use the same class INSIDE jsp? I mean
in the declaration tags

    <%!

        class MultipartRequest...

    %>

and then call it from there? This is giving me a hell lot of problems.
First, all the IMPORT tags in the class were giving me a problem, so I
removed all those, but now it gives me a problem with the "Hashtable" from
java.util.*, so I removed all of that, and the reference to all "Vectors"..

Now it doesnt work! ALways gives me the "premature ending" IOException..

Please help! Is there something that I cannot do inside the JSP declaration
tags? How to go around this?

Thanks!!!
Mike