Hi,

bear with me on this one but...

" It is NOT enough to download the binaries from the jakarta
web site and follow the instructions in server.xml.  You have to build
it from source (and make sure that the JSSE files are in the classpath)."

...Why not? is there some special build directives that pull dummy JSSE
references in that will
'block' access to the real JSSE or some thing else. I need to understand why
we need to do a 'special' build
for SSL tomcat.

And, yes, I haven't got SSL working with TOMCAT either ;-)

-T.