I'm having Yet Another Servlet Mapping Problem.

I'm trying to disable the /servlet/ mapping with my web-application. Here's the
gist of what's happening.

 My webapp is called "songs" it get's deployed according to J2EE specs. In the
webapps folder there's a
songs folder with an html file called songs_index.html.

in songs\WEB-INF, I put my servlet into the classes folder (and some dependent
jars in the lib folder).

In web.xml I add the following:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>listSongs</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.music.songs.ListSongServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

I don't specify a mapping as I want to use the default.

In songs_index.html, I do a FORM POST to the following URL:
"serlvet/listSongs"

This works, however if I try the following
"listSongs"
 it doesn't (404 is returned).

If I type in my URL as follows:

http://localhost:8080/songs/servlet/listSongs

the servlet fires

if I type

http://localhost:8080/songs/listSongs

it doesn't.

so How do I turn off that /servlet/ prefix? I've tried removing prefix=/servlet/
from the InvokerInterceptor entry in server.xml
Additionally, what does that odd web.xml file in <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf do? I notice
that there's a servlet mapping for servlet-name=Invoker
that maps to /servlet/* - I tried removing that but it made no difference.

How *do* you set up a servlet to be called in the application space but without
the /servet/ prefix?

-Thom

p.s. I'm using the final release of Tomcat.