Pierre Roy wrote:

> I have installed a Web search engine (namely Subject Search Server v1.1).
> This software directs search requests to
> http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/SSServer.exe
> Therefore there is no .class nor .jsp file to be accessed !

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to access
that SSServer.exe program functions from a servlet or JSP.
The way to do that is with the exec method in the java.lang.Runtime
class. This method lets you set up environment parameters
and streams to simulate the way CGI processes work.

--
WBB - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP