Download the Tomcat source code and try recompiling mod_jk.so using the
apxs included with Apache (in the bin directory). You'll need to modify
the appropriate Makefile to set the correct apxs- I think this is in
<path-to-tomcat>/src/native/apache1.3 (if I remember correctly). Then do
'make -f Makefile.<your-os>'

-S

Olivier Tourdes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to install a 3.2 version of tomcat with Apache 1.3.14.
>
> When I try to start apache I get this:
>
> "Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1 of
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
> Apache module DSO?"
>
> Any ideas ?

> Olivier Tourdes
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Site: http://www.i-tipi.fr

"If you watch TV news, you know less about the world than if
you just drank gin straight from the bottle."  - Garrison Keillor