Can you send me an example of how to use HTTp header?

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo Gaspar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 11:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Tomcat-Dev
Subject: RE: Tomcat, JSP and Cache

That looks more like a browser/proxy issue.

Notice that:
 - Internet Explorer often caches pages when it should NOT do it;
 - Internet Explorer sometimes even uses a cache copy when you refresh;
 - Some browsers ignore those meta tags.
 - Proxies (usualy) ignore those meta tags.

Solutions I use:
 - To control page caching I use HTTP headers;
 - To avoid Internet Explorer caching issues I use Netscape 4.7x (the
   page doesn't look so good but caching and refresh realy work in a
   predictable way.

For more info on caching issues and the relevant HTTP headers read...

Basics and HTTP headers:
  http://www.netapp.com/products/netcache/cache_basics.html

  http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/
  or http://www.web-caching.com/mnot_tutorial/notes.html