> I am new user of Tomcat.  I have created simple helloworld servlet. Please
> can u
> tell me where to copy class file and how to call this from browser.
> I have worked on Java Web Server, there i used to copy servlet file in the
> following diretory: <JWS-HOME>/examples/Web-Inf/servlets
> and used to call this file as: http://localhost:8080/ServletName

You can put "raw" servlet class files in
   <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes

You need to read the servlet v2.2 (or later) spec to really understand how
to properly create and deploy a "web application" which is significantly
different then *just* deploying a single servlet to the "servlets" directory
as in the days of old.  To get the current servlet spec visit:

   http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

-Bryan