"Narayanan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    I tried to invoke a Server Side include in a shtml file. Iam using Tomcat
> 3.2.1 Filter with Apache. It is not giving any error but the servlet is not
> getting invoked.
>
>   Iam unable to use Post method on a .shtml file.

Tomcat doesn't support SSI, in any of the versions (3.2, 3.3 or 4.0).
I have started to port Apache JSSI to Tomcat, and the only question
is really where in the Jakarta project structure it should go. With
some luck, I get a chance to get the ball rolling again this weekend.

Until there's a JSSI port for Tomcat, you can run Tomcat behind Apache
if you need support for NCSA style SSI directives (and let Apache
handle them). For Servlet SSI, you can change all your <servlet> tags
into <jsp:include> tags, i.e. making your pages JSP pages instead
of .shtml/.jhtml pages.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com