Hi Don,

It looks to me like the XML parser that tomcat uses to read the file is
objecting to something in the file. Minor typos are sometimes damn
hard to spot :-)

I suggest:
(a)
try commenting out blocks of the server.xml file, and restarting.
of course, tomcat won't *run* properly with only half a config file, but
you should be able to see when the config file at least parses.
By the old divide-and-conquer method, you should be able to narrow
things down to the point you can spot the problem,
(b)
If you have made only minor changes to the default file, you can try
using "diff" to compare the version in the distribution with the one that
doesn't work.
(c)
if all else fails, try posting the server.xml file to this group...

Cheers,

Simon