Howdy all,
I have spent a bit of time pulling all the stuff together I
needed to get Tomcat on NetWare and also how to integrate
it with Apache on NetWare.  I was looking on how to submit
docs into the CVS tree (is that the right place?) and well
being a newbe to CVS trees, I decided to post the short
docs here and see if anyone had any advice on how to get
this published for others to use...

thanks,
-b

Here they are:  First is Tomcat, second is Apache/Tomcat
integration...

NetWare specific documentation for Jakarta-Tomcat
I was thinking this could go in the place where the shell
scripts were mentioned or just below, I can't think of an
elegant way to write the equivalent of a shell script on
NetWare, But some platform notes on what to edit might
be helpful

On NetWare most java configuration information is stored in
the sys:etc\java.cfg file.  This file needs to be updated
to point to the TOMCAT_HOME and is where the various
classpath additions will be entered.   So here are the
lines that should be entered into the java.cfg file for
Tomcat to execute.  For this example Tomcat was installed
into sys:java\tomcat:

TOMCAT_HOME=SYS:JAVA\TOMCAT

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\ant.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\jasper.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\jaxp.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\parser.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\servlet.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;$TOMCAT_HOME\lib\webserver.jar

Remember that the standard SERVLETCLASSPATH will not work
with TOMCAT you need to put anything, including servlets
you want to execute, into the standard CLASSPATH.

You will need to restart java on NetWare for these to take
place:
  java -killall  (will kill all running java processes)
  java -exit  (will exit)
  java (will load java again)

if you want to check you working classpath you can type:
envset

To launch Tomcat you might want to create a tcatup.ncf file
and place it in you sys:system directory. The NCF file will
contain:

Java -Dtomcat.home=\java\tomcat
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat

I was unable to create a tcatdn.ncf so you will need to use
the NetWare java -show command to see what the process id
is of tomcat, then use java -killxxx (where xxx is the
process id) to unload it.

When your editing the server.xml, paths are referenced by
relative (no \ in front) or full like
sys:\novonyx\suitespot\docs.

NetWare works with either / or \

---------------------------------------

Platform integration specifics for Apache/Jakarta-Tomcat on
NetWare
1.install Apache:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/netware.html or at
http://developer.novell.com/ndk/leadedge.htm  check out
143, 144, & 142

2.If you want Apache to serve your old
novonyx/suitespot/docs documents edit the following in your
httpd.conf

DocumentRoot "sys:/novonyx/suitespot/docs"

3.Don't forget to rem out nsweb in you autoexec.ncf

4. Install Tomcat see above:

5. Grab mod_jk.nlm from the binaries section at
Jakarta.apache.org throw it in sys:/apache/modules

6. In the tomcat server.xml file you need to add:

<Connector
 className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
 <Parameter name="handler"
  value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.
  Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
 <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
</Connector>

# This adds the Ajp13 connector so the mod_jk can work.

and

  <Context path="/"
     docBase="sys:\novonyx\suitespot\docs"
     crossContext="false"
     debug="0"
     reloadable="true" >
  </Context>

#This  is so *.jsp files in your normal web root under
#apache, it should match what ever you put in the
#httpd.conf for document root

5. In the Apache httpd.conf add the following under
   the LoadModule area:

  LoadModule    jk_module modules/mod_jk.nlm
  AddModule     mod_jk.c
  JkWorkersFile sys:/java/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
  JkLogFile     /logs/mod_jk.log
  JkLogLevel    warn

# The above loads the mod_jk.nlm

  JkMount       /*.jsp ajp13
  JkMount       /servlet/* ajp13
  JkMount       /nwservlet/* ajp13
  JkMount       /otherworker/*.jsp remoteworker

#These are the paths handed off to tomcat from Apache,
#They need to be referenced in the tomcat server.xml

If you want to learn about the other modules listed in
this section of the httpd.conf go to:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/index.html
and read on...

If you want to use the mod_nds_auth or authldap from
http://developer.novell.com/ndk/leadedge.htm as
mentioned before, the settings in the httpd.conf are:

# ldap needs cldap lib from developer.novell.com/nds/
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/authldap.nlm

LoadModule nds_auth_module modules/mod_nds.nlm

These cannot be loaded into protected memory yet,
but can be loaded at the kernel level
Just use load apache instad of
load address space = apache apache.