Shailaja Someshwar wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've read in docs that Tomcat needs to be started
> before Apache. I am working on RH Linux 6.2 on Intel
> System.
>
> How to go about doing this...I've got a tomcat init
> script from FAQ which can start and stop tomcat...now
> how to automate this to start before httpd.

put the startup script into /etc/rc.d/init.d

Edit the startup script and add a comment line under #!/bin/sh that
says:

# chkconfig: lll ss kk

        where lll is the run level(s) where the script should be run
        where ss is the start priority
        where kk is the kill priority

Just choose a start priority that is lower than that of httpd.  You
can
figure what value you need by checking the httpd script in
/etc/rc.d/init.d

Once you save your edit, run chkconfig --add YourScriptName

For more information, see man chkconfig and examine the scripts in the
/etc/rc.d/init.d directory

Barry