From: Damien Serra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: getting mod_jk or mod_serv to work (On UNIXWARE!)

Here, the problem is building
shared objects on unixware,
environment where I can't help very much.

We can try two fool things:

1. at end use "gcc -v --shared ...(etc)"
(add -v to see what it's doing)

2. dont use "--shared", you will see a list of
function names, begining with "main", "jni_...", etc.
Actualy a get only 2 (main, and jni_workers) if you
get another, try to see which library provides it.,
then add "-l(library_name)" on the command line
and try again, until you dont get any unresolved
external (except main, and jni_workers), then
add "--shared" to see what it tells.

For example, if you found that /usr/lib/libnls.a have
the external function you need, you will have one line like

"gcc -v --shared mod_jk.so -lnls *.o"