Hi,

I'm doing performance tests and would like to see the incidence of the
worker type on response time. As Tomcat's documentation underlines the
speed of the in-process worker vs. ajp workers, I wanted to test this
configuration but I get the following errors in mod_jk.log :

[jk_jni_worker.c (975)]: Fail-> could not create JVM, code: -1
[jk_jni_worker.c (424)]: Fail-> can't open jvm
[jk_worker.c (164)]: wc_create_worker validate failed for inprocess
[jk_worker.c (229)]: build_worker_map failed to create workerinprocess

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 with Sun's JDK v 1.3.0 and Apache 1.3.12 under
Windows NT 4.0 i386 SP5. I've tried the Hotspot and Classic JVMs with the
same result.

Rereading the documentation, I found that the use of the in-process worker
is documented for NES/iWS and MS IIS, but not for Apache.

Does this mean that the in-process worker is not supported with Apache ?

Did I miss something ?

Has anyone succeeded in getting this configuration to work ?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent DEFERT
MEDIAPPS