I'm trying to see whether it's possible to run tomcat 3.2.1 standalone
without tying it to any web server.
I found in server.xml the HttpConnectionHandler which is preconfigured
against port 8080. I could see from the init message of tomcat that this
connector is running. But when I try access it it via
http://myhost:8080/mywebapp/index.jsp , I can't get it to return anything. I
even try telnet to port 8080 and then issue the http GET command, it still
can't trigger my jsp.

How is this HttpConnectionHandler used ? What am I doing wrong (or supposed
to do) ?