Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> * You will need to create a wrapper class for the response
>   that is handed on to the remainder of the filter chain.  See
>   below for more info on what this wrapper must do.
>
> * Implement your Filter's doFilter() method something like this:

I was under the impression that in Tomcat 4 one could use the new Valve
interface for doing response filtering?  At least, this is what the
documentation I read says.  I was about to embark on an exploration of this
functionality.

Am I misinterpreting the documentation?  Does this approach of a required
wrapper class still apply to Tomcat 4?

In either case, an example would be *really* helpful!