Hi all,

Kevin McIsaac wrote:

> I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 under Linux 2.2.16 Slack 7.1 and the 1.3 JDK.
>
> I have a servlet that does some .gif creation for graphs and returns the
> gif in a page. I don't seem to be able to setup Linux and Tomcat together
> to do this. I always have to be logged in as root.
>
> I've set xhost +localhost, I've run xauth, I've set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> and =machinename:0.0.
>
> This is all running under xdm as the xserver. I'm wondering now if anyone in
> the Tomcat world has run into this and solved it?

I failed to find the problem. Is it

        - convincing the XServer to run a servlet? :-)
        - running tomcat on a linux box ?
        - runnig a browser on X11 ?
        - logging into a linux box ?

All this (except the first one) runs fine for me. So what is your
problem?

Jörg
Jörg Ahrens                                            _/
brainCAPITAL GmbH                                    _/_/
Tel.: 0511/8488 5303                               _/  _/
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        _/    _/_/_/_/