I am having problem in tracking sessions.

On the  login jsp page in the application, I used a servlet and created a
session with
HttpSession session = req.getSession(true)
then after sucessful login it goes to the next jsp page say(b)
and passess some variables to this page as a hidden variable.
Then on this page (b) , I used
the another page (c).

Then I tried to check the session value on the this page in the servlet with

HttpSession assession = request.getSession(false)
If (assession ! null)
{
......do some processing
}
else
{
Create a session
}

but on checking with getSession(false) it gives null and I could get the
previous session.

Can any body tell where i am doing wrong or is there any other way to do
this