From: Luc Vanlerberghe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 4:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mod_jk load balancing

Your workers.properties file contains the entry worker.list

Normally that lists the available workers and the JkMount directives
indicate which one to connect to

However, If you want to do loadbalancing, the workers.list should only
contain the name of your loadbalacing worker and none of the workers the
loadbalancer itself is using!

So with the configuration you gave, you should have
worker.list=loadbalancer
(The rest of the config including the JkMount directives looks correct)

If you want to switch back to no loadbalancing, change back to
worker.list=ajp12,ajp13
and connect to either one using JkMount

Luc Vanlerberghe

P.s.: I only did something similar using mod_jserv, but I don't see any
reason why this should be different for mod_jk
P.p.s.: Perhaps consider changing the names of your workers (In the
tomcat examples they are confusing as well, I know).  ajp12 and ajp13
are names of two different communication protocols between the webserver
and tomcat...
If you change the names of your workers to worker_1 and worker_2, the
configs become

worker.list=my_loadbalancer

worker.worker_1.port=10101
worker.worker_1.host=localhost
worker.worker_1.type=ajp12
worker.worker_1.lbfactor=1

worker.worker_2.port=10103
worker.worker_2.host=localhost
worker.worker_2.type=ajp12
worker.worker_2.lbfactor=1

worker.my_loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.my_loadbalancer.balanced_workers=worker_1,worker_2