Don't confuse what happens on the browser with what happens
on the server. The cookie value that JSP uses to find the
HttpSession object may be lost from the browser when it closes
but the servlet engine still has the object in memory.

You can explicitly destroy the HttpSession object
by   session.invalidate()  or you can just let
it time out and be invalidated by the engine.

Dick Poon wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I am new an expert in JSP yet,but I think logout page not necessarily
> destroy user's session bean.
> Actually I just wrote an online shopping cart by JSP in which the logout
> page just remove the "user bean".
> A session bean would be destroy only if you close the browser.(session bean
> here means the beans with a scope of
> session)
>
> Dick Poon

WBB - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP
ISBN 0-7821-2809-2