> The mod_ssl log file ssl_engine_log shows the Protocol, Cipher and bit
> length.  When I use the environment variable SSL_CIPHER, it doesn't
include
> the number of bits, only something like RC4-MD5

A quick check of modssl.org shows that the environment variable is called
SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE (I think this is what I want).  My httpd.conf does
export +StdEnvVars, but when Tomcat mod_jk.conf file documents several
mappings for environment variables, but the choice is limited and doesn't
include SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE.

I did configure apache with "JkExtractSSL On" and the SSLOptions include
+StdEvnVars (not +ExportCertData because I don't care about client certs).
Would I extract these using request.getHeader() ?

David