From: Hammon, Sean [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: A JSP/Jasper question

The servlet spec defines that request.getParameter() returns null if the
parameter wasn't passed to the page. However, it would appear that Jasper
chokes on this case. Since JSPs are an extension to servlets shouldn't the
behavior be the same? If I hacked the URL to pass in all the parameters for
the page when the page is compiled, will I get this error with future
acceses when, theoretically, Jasper isn't involved anymore?
-Sean Hammon

> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
/part2/doc_root/vp/quote.jsp(13,51) Attribute firstname has no value
>       at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.parseAttributeValue(JspReader.java:499)

>       at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.parseTagAttributes(JspReader.java:615)
>       at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:192)
>       at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1077)
>       at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
>       at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
>       at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:182)
>       at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:462)