On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Carlos wrote:

> can anybody say me how limit the tomcat process number to 15 in a linux?
> in my linux tehere are a lot of threads
> thanks
> Carlos

The processes you see are in fact just threads, and are apparently just an
annoying side-effect of the (current?) Linux threads implementation. Truth
is that they're not taking up much extra resources, and advice on this
list a while ago was to ignore them.

You could, of course, configure your JVM to use green threads instead,
in which case you'll only see one copy of the JVM process when you list
your processes.