Well, if you look at documentation from Tomcat, there is section calls
TOMCAT-SSL. (or so).
You can build SSL directly in TOMCAT, or use Apache's SSL. I've done
build in SSL support,
and you seems have SSL on Apache only. The server.xml file should have a
section which says
"comment out this, to use SSL ...", the next block has default set-up for
SSL support
in Tomcat. I really think that using Apache's SSL isn't great idea.
Usually you do SSL
in specific areas of the web-site, such as login pages, credit-card info,
etc, which will
be 90% done in JSP/Servlets... because it's dynamic. Please take a look
at that Tomcat-SLL
section of your documentation. Also, I don't think that it's possible to
use old
certificate, with new server, although I may be wrong. The certificate is
unique to the server, and domain, etc. Definitely check Apache's ssl
section also.
Good luck,
John.

Newbie: HTTPS: