Srinivas Kurella wrote:

Tomcat documentation says that all the jars under the WEB-INF/lib directory in a context are automatically added to the CLASSPATH.

This is not precisely what happens.

I am finding this not to be true. I have to add them explicitly to the CLASSPATH.
Am i missing something ???
What happens is that classes in JAR files under WEB-INF/lib, and unpacked classes under WEB-INF/classes, are automatically made visible to other classes in the same web application.  They are *not* added to the CLASSPATH environment variable, which makes sense when you remember that CLASSPATH is global to the entire JVM, but the set of classes visible to each webapp are unique to that webapp.

Craig McClanahan