Title: Custom Error Pages ... URGENT... Frustrated!!

I have posted this problem a few times. I want to simply catch a 404 in tomcat
and have and bring up a  custom jsp page.

 I have tried in web xml ->>
 <error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>
        <location>/404.jsp</location>
 </error-page>

I have tried pointing the location at a servet .. but still to no avail. I don't know what to do
and I need to catch these 404's.  If anyone has had this problem and knows of a solution
please let me know.. I feel I have exhausted every lead and I might have to customize
the JspServlet to redirect for me in case of a 404..

--> Apache &  tomcat 3.2.1

Thank-you