Hi all
Im pretty new to JSP but I have got tomcat and a couple of JSP pages and
beans working. The site I am designing for my project contains 2 frames, the
left hand frame contains the links and the right hand frame contains the
targets. On the left I have a 2 links, the first called 'set availability'
and the second 'view availability'.
On my right hand frame in the 'set availability' page when I set the
availability and click submit, a response page is brought up at the bottom
of the 'set availability' pageas follows:

"YOU SET AVAILABILITY AS BEING 15"   (or whatever the user set it at)

My problem is that when I click 'view availability' and try to bring up the
variable that has been set in the set availability page. An error as follows
comes up

"Tried to do an operation on a null object."

Does this have to do with   scope="session" scope="request" or
scope="page"????
I think the problem is that the bean is only set while the set Availability
page is loaded because if I got to another page and then back to the
setAvailability page the response at the bottom of the page is gone????

Anyone got any ideas at all, Id say it’s a fairly easy problem to solve?
Big Thanks in advance,
Michael