From: Bernard Durfee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 4:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IE Caching

Craig,
 Everything is coming out of JSPs, so it must be IE then. Setting IE to
'Check Everytime' works a little better, at least it won't show old
content, but it still caches no matter what. This is a security issue
and it's critical for me to find a solution.
 SSL will be used soon, which I've been told helps. It's amazing that
Microsoft would drop the ball like this when such high security risks
are at stake.

Thanks,
 Bernie Durfee

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Bernard Durfee wrote:
>
> > All,
> >  I've tried every solution that I can think of to prevent IE from
> > caching content. I've placed every 'no-cache' meta tag and response
> > element known to man, but IE 5.5 still caches content.
> >  Does Tomcat 3.2.1 effect the response header when sending the response
> > back to the browser? I'm using Tomcat as the webserver, I just want to
> > be sure the problem lies in IE as opposed to Tomcat.
> >

> If Tomcat is serving static content, it automatically adds a
"Content-Type"
> header (based on the MIME type mappings you have defined) and a "Date"
> header (which the browser can use for subsequent "If-Modified-Since"
> requests (which is what will happen if you configure your browser to
"check
> every time").
>
> If Tomcat is serving dynamic content (i.e. the output from a servlet or
JSP