Hello,
in my environment I have a servlet which act as an EJB Client.
The servlet uses BASIC authentication. But the call to the EJB should use another
principal. As far as I understand the servlet spec, <run-as> can be used to do such
things.
Here is a snippet from my web.xml file

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>EjbClientServlet</servlet-name>
        <display-name>EjbClientServlet</display-name>
        <servlet-class>examples.servlet.EjbClientServlet</servlet-class>
        <run-as>
                <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
        </run-as>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>EjbClientServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/EjbClientServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>WRCollection</web-resource-name>
                <url-pattern>/EjbClientServlet</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
                        <role-name>admin</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>

</security-constraint>
<login-config>
                <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
                <realm-name>Default</realm-name>
</login-config>
<ejb-ref>
                <ejb-ref-name>EjbCaller</ejb-ref-name>
                <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
                <home>examples.ejb.session.ejbCaller.EjbCallerHome</home>
                <remote>examples.ejb.session.ejbCaller.EjbCaller</remote>
</ejb-ref>
I don't understand how the mapping to the principal is made that is propagated to the
EJB.
I assume I have to configure something in the configuration files of tomcat.
Unfortunately I could not find documentation about this.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers Karin