That looks like exactly what I am after.
I never paid much attention to Jakarta-Commons before.
Thanks for pointing it out :)

* Rick Roberts                            *
* Advanced Information Technologies, Inc. *
* http://www.ait-web.com                  *

Shapira, Yoav wrote:
Howdy,
Sure thing: I like DBCP a lot.  Its home page is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

And tomcat-specific DBCP how-to is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples
-howto.html

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics