From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 8:14 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with tomcat installation

Hi -

Have you read my HOWTO?  I think it will make things a lot easier for you.

If you have the JDK 1.4 installed, all you have to do is download the
Tomcat binary.  My advice, stay away from the RPM.

Check the "Install JDK" and "Build/Install Tomcat" sections here:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/rh72-howto.html

Wherever it says "4.1.18" use "4.1.27".  I have verified that the
instructions work on RH 7.2, 8, and 9.

John