From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Stable tomcat + apache + mod_j2 + ssl

Apache 2.0.47
Tomcat 4.1.24

There isn't an SSL version of either the mod_jk or jk2 connector. Since JK and JK2 don't ever communicate with a client, there's really no need. You might be able to setup a tunnel using stunnel or similar, but on Windows that will be problematic.

Apache binary: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Tomcat binary: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

Connectors: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/

Connector FAQ: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/connectors.html

John

Ramanan Ramadoss wrote:

Dear friends,
    I am a newbie and have to set up a secure enviroment between tomcat

and

apache.

    Can someone tell me which is the stable production ssl version of
tomcat and apache? Is there a ssl version of mod_jk or mod_j2 connector?

If

no which connector should we use? Where can I get a built version of the
webserver, app server and the connectors that work with each other for a
windows 2000 environment.
Thanks
Ramanan