TCP/IP 101.

"localhost" is a distinct virtual host name that ONLY WORKS ON THE LOCAL
COMPUTER.

"some.ip.address" is a distinct virtual host name, just like "localhost"
or "my.host.com".  If you don't have that IP address set up as a
hostname in Apache's httpd.conf and Tomcat's server.xml, you will not
get a successful request.

John