From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: security hole on windows tomcat?

Appending "%20" to my Tomcat 4.1.1x URLs generates a 404.

John

Paul Sundling("Webdaddy") wrote:

I came across what appears to be a security hole when

running tomcat.

I'm not sure how widespread it is, but my linux server is

safe, yet my

windows XP, tomcat 4.1.24 is vulnerable.

I found that if you append %20 to a jsp page it shows the

source code

instead of displaying the page:

http://192.168.1.54:8080/index.jsp <shows page as expected>
http://192.168.1.54:8080/index.jsp%20 <shows source code of