> The servlet container may (and tomcat does last I
> checked) create one instance of a
> (non-SingleThreadModel) servlet for every <servlet>
> tag in web.xml.  So just have two <servlet> tags
> with different <servlet-name> but same
> <servlet-class> in your web.xml.  You don't need two
> contexts for this.

        You nailed it right on the head.  Thanks!  I wonder
aloud how Tomcat knows which class to use in any
particular context (the <server> doesn't map to the
<Context>), but maybe I'll just try it and see.

        So, to summarize...because I could find nothing on the
topic anywhere and maybe this gets indexed
somewhere...aliases and contexts do not map to
different instances, <server>'s do.

--
        - John Blanco
        - Code Guru @ Rapture In Venice