John,
Thank you much for responding.
That is great news... I though with mod_jk the ssl was all handled by
Apache.
I have set up many virtual hosts... they all work except the https one.
So I thought I needed to redirect those requests to another port with a
connector that includes the:
scheme="https" secure="true"
parameters.

My httpd.conf snip is below. Do you understand why it doesn't work?
What could be wrong?
Thanks again for your kind help.
Shannon

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
Alias /ssl /var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT/ssl

    JkMount /ssl/servlet/* ajp13
    JkMount /ssl/*.jsp ajp13

SSL stuff...
</VirtualHost>