Stop this..

-----Original Message-----
From: Quest Software [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 11:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Auto-Confirmation

Thank you for submitting your request to Quest Software Technical Support.
We are unable to process your request because our records indicate that you
are not registered for Technical Support.

To register, logon to our Supportlink web site http://www.quest.com/support
, and  self-register from the web.  Or, you can phone Quest at one of the
numbers below to register.

Once you have registered, you can submit your request within Supportlink, by
email at [EMAIL PROTECTED], by phone at one of the numbers below.

Please do not reply to this email.

If this is an URGENT matter please contact Quest Technical Support via
telephone at one of the numbers listed below.

Thank you,

Quest Software Technical Support
www.quest.com/support

Quest Software Technical Support - Canada               902.442.5700
Quest Software Technical Support - United Kingdom  44.1628.601007
Quest Software Technical Support - United States      949.754.8000

($CATALINA_HOME/hostname).

> [...]
>  $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/WEB-INF/classes,
>  $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/WEB-INF/lib,
>  $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/WEB-INF/web.xml where $CATALINA_HOME =
>  "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12"
>
>  - chown -R tomcat:tomcat $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN
>
>  - created $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/test.html and
>  $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/test.jsp
>
>  in Apache httpd.conf, added:
>
>  <VirtualHost *>
>       ServerName www.DOMAIN.com
>       DocumentRoot /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/DOMAIN/DOMAIN
>
>       # Static files
>       Alias / "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/DOMAIN/DOMAIN"
>
>       <Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/DOMAIN/DOMAIN">
>           Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>           DirectoryIndex index.jsp
>       </Directory>
>
>       # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
>       #
>       <Location "/WEB-INF/*">
>           AllowOverride None
>           deny from all
>       </Location>
>
>       <Location "/META-INF/*">
>           AllowOverride None
>           deny from all
>       </Location>
>
>       JkMount /* ajp13
>
>  </VirtualHost>
>
>  - stopped Tomcat.  stopped Apache.  Removed contents of
>  $CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone.  Started Tomcat.  Started Apache.
>
>  - verified that http://www.DOMAIN.com/test.jsp and
>  http://www.DOMAIN.com/test.html work, and that
>  http://www.DOMAIN.com/WEB-INF/web.xml returns a 403.
>
>  Wherever you see "DOMAIN" in the above, substitute the domain name that
>  you want to use, or anything else, as long as you stay consistent.
>
>  I decided to use a JkMount of "/*" only because that's what you said you
>  wanted to do by having a servlet generate all content...I could have
>  just as easily made the JkMount be "/*.jsp" or whatever.  Your servlets
>  now go in $CATALINA_HOME/DOMAIN/DOMAIN/WEB-INF, and you can adjust your
>  web.xml appropriately to map them to a URL starting with "/" as in
>  http://www.DOMAIN.com/SERVLET-URL.
>
>  Thus, things like "/WEB-INF" in the Location directive are RELATIVE to
>  things like Alias, as is JkMount..if you get Alias wrong (and/or
>  DocumentRoot) you're going to have lots of problems, and messing with
>  your Contexts in server.xml or putting strange onLoad Javascript
>  redirects in your pages isn't going to make it any better.
>
>  I'm not sure how much clearer I can be than the above, but I am always
>  open to suggestions/corrections.
>
>  HTH
>
>  John
>
>  David Wynter wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > It seems that the second VirtualHost I have set up for my second domain
name
>  > is not paasing the requests through mod_jk to Tomcat. It is not even
clear
>  > that you can support 2 virtualhosts for different domains with the same
IP