There are many great HOW TO's the problem is that some of the pieces are not working
or impossible
to find.

Some how tos.
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html
http://www.massconfusion.com/tim/notes/installing_jakarta_tomcat-4.1.17.txt
http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/index.html

Collections of RPMs
http://www.jpackage.org/

I have not ever had any problems doing Tomcat/Apache/JDBC/MySQL/SSL, except these last
few times
at it has been problems with corupt downloads and incompatible mod_jk, and its a pain
trying to
find any mod_jk.  So if you find it make sure it is compatiable with your version of
Apache, or it
wont work.

BTW has anyone seen the verison for Apache 2.0.40?

=====