Search the archives - I think this a JDK 1.4.2 related bug.

-Tim

Asaf Barkan wrote:

The syndrome is that when typing:
http://myurl:8080/myfile.jsp%20
http://myurl:8080/myfile.jsp%20

The JSP code is delivered to the client.

I have checked this on the followed platforms:
Win2k server (SP3) JRE 1.4.2 (b28)
IIS 5/Tomcat HTTP 1.1 connector

It works but it is not consistent (could be some race case).
BTW I have tried this on 1.4.2 (b2) and I could not compromise this hole.

I have encountered a discussion on a similar issue with a recommendation to
add the following argument to the Tomcat string:
-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

I have tried this and it solved the problem.

Can some tell me whether there are other solutions and what this parameter
means ?

Thanks a lot

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results

http://www.merc-int.com