I woudl skip the Include statement and modify httpd.conf manually as you have. For anything but a simple configuration, you have to do it anyway, so there's no real loss.

John

Denise Mangano wrote:

Not really sure if this is a problem as of yet.  I currently cannot test
my configuration ... But I just wanted to write again regarding this
issue.  As I followed the how-to, I did things a little out of order.
Before changing Tomcat, and while Tomcat was not running, I added the
LoadModule and Include statements into httpd.conf.  I then ran an
apachectl configtest.  The configtest executed fine and I was returned
an error message that the file mod_jk.conf could not be found.  This was
right, because the file was not generated yet.