Marco Tedone wrote:

Thank you for your support. I must say that the privileged attribute for my
application was set to false, but the problem still persists.

Are you sure ? I did test it with TC 5 (maybe 5.0.5) / Struts 1.1 examples webapp / log4j 1.2.8, and it did work fine (I simply dropped the log4j JAR in the /WEB-INF/lib - and then added the properties file in /WEB-INF/classes). I'll try to test it again. Most likely the bug is with commons-logging however (the case issue really looks fishy).

BTW, false is the default value. The context files for the admin and the manager are not very good examples, obviously, since they need the privileged flag to work.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat