Great! That means that I still have more trials ahead of me when I finish
installing an updated gcc.

mikhail malamud wrote:

> Everything compiles and looks good. but httpd simply wont start with
> mod_jk enabled and configtest runs fine.

                                   ^^^^^^
I am up to the point that configtest doesn't work. Anyone have any idea
how many stumbling blocks there are at this point ?

So far:

1) apxs didn't work and it took me hours to find the fix in the PHP FAQ.
        http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11
This included upgrading apache to 1.3.17 in the hope that apxs was fixed
(it wasn't). I also messed around a fair bit with Tomcat and Java.

2) Couldn't join the jakarta-tomcat FAQ-O-MATIC to add my solution to (1)

3) Mailing list archives give you '20 out of a possible 20' matches so you
have to do a jillion queries to try and narrow out information but you don't

know whether your queries are actually narrowing the results.

I got the failure to load the fdatasync problem which was solved by adding
-lposix4 to the apxs command line.

Right now I am replacing my gcc in the hopes that it will give me a libc.so
library containing the snprintf object. Sheesh! are all these type-retentive

Java people actually still coding in C using stdio.h ??? No wonder they
think that C++ is so bad.