I'm new to tomcat so this question might not make sense.

Is it a security risk (or a bad practice) to make the appbase of both
apache httpd and Tomcat the same?  To me, it seems logical because then
I can serve .jsp files through Tomcat, and all other content through
httpd without having to put these contents in different directories...
(eg /var/www/myApp and /usr/tomcat/myApp).

I'm using Tomcat 4.1, Apache 2, and jk2.

Thanks,
Chad Arimura
AllDorm Inc.