Howdy,

> It used to be that servlet mapping was straight-forward and now it seems to
> be obfuscated. For example I want the url

They haven't really changed in a long long time ;)

>   !!!! This used to work and now it doesn't; Why???? !!!!!
>
> <!-- <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>AeFormServlet</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>*/Form</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>     -->

I doubt this used to work: review the servlet spec section on servlet
request matching to see.  Instead, have
<url-pattern>/Form</url-pattern>
and that's it.

* in a url-pattern doesn't always mean the same as "anything", especially
in the regular expression since of the word, because * doesn't match the
empty string.  So */Form is not matched on a request to /Form.  (All of
these are of course relative to your context base).

Set debug="99" for the context and/or connector in server.xml to see the
exact steps it is performing to match a servlet to incoming requests.

Yoav Shapira