Howdy,
You don't have to close a result set if you're closing the statement
right away and the result set is the only one associated with the
statement... And in no case can closing the result set explicitly hurt
performance.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Statements

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#close()

>(Closing a Statement also closes any open ResultSets associated with
>that Statement.)
>
>        Greg

and notify the sender.  Thank you.