Yes, there are max_threads, min_spare_threads and max_spare_threads.
See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html
under 'Configuring thread pools'

Example:
<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
<Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
<Parameter name="port" value="80"/>
<Parameter name="max_threads" value="5" />
<Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="2" />
</Connector>

Andrew Stewart wrote:

> and I have to say I am impressed so far
>
> I've tried three other Java VM's and have had very dissapointing
> experiences with them (Caucho's Resin, NA's ServletExec, and Allaire's
> JRun).
>
> Anyway, one of the few questions I'd like to ask is if there's anyway to
> control the number of threads (or workers) that come up when Tomcat is
> run.
>
> I tried looking for a setting something like MinServers / MaxServers
> akin to Apache but no dice, any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Geoff Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(650) 969-5000 x104